This months patreon members

Special thanks to Hipployta... Something... Mani_C... Emerald Mimi... onepiece... Isabella Lee... Branden Tomaino... Fafaknew... Elmera Magdaloyo... hope live

Chapter 514: Aunt Xue's Complaints

▶▶ FULL-LEVEL BOSS DRESSED AS A PEASANT GIRL

 


Chapter 514: Aunt Xue's Complaints

After Meng Yunzheng and the others left, the elderly lady and the rest of the Lu family surrounded Lu Erbai, asking him various questions.

Upon learning that Shu Yu was indeed fine, everyone felt relieved. Knowing that they had to wake up early the next day, they didn't want to delay any longer and returned to their own rooms to sleep.

The following day, the three carriages set off again, following behind the exile procession at a slow pace.

The Lu family members, who had been riding their horses tirelessly for the past few days, finally had a chance to rest and regain their strength.

Occasionally, they would discuss the arrangements for when they arrived in the southwest. Previously, they had limited knowledge of the southwest and had only gathered some general information from officials. Their plans were not comprehensive based on that alone.

However, now they had Meng Yunzheng with them. Although he hadn't been to the southwest himself, he was knowledgeable and well-read, having traveled to many places. In particular, upon learning that the master of Dongqing Temple had gone to the southwest and that Shu Yu would be exiled there, he had done his homework in advance.

So when Meng Yunzheng explained everything to the Lu family members, they gained a more direct understanding of the southwest.

Around noon, their convoy came to a stop to have lunch.

The exiles ahead also took a break to eat. Shu Yu, who had seen Lu Erbai the previous night and was in a good mood, continued eating until Aunt Xue approached and sat down beside her.

Shu Yu's eating slowed down as she coldly glanced at Aunt Xue.

After waiting for a moment and seeing that the chief officer didn't say anything or reprimand her, Aunt Xue let out a sigh of relief and finally spoke to Shu Yu, "Yuer, are you still resentful towards me?"

Shu Yu took a bite of her rice ball and replied, "What? You're not my mother."

Aunt Xue pursed her lips, looking sad. "It's understandable if you don't recognize me. Over these years, I've treated you poorly. But you don't know, back when your family was poor, your biological parents, seeing that you were a girl, wanted to drown you. It was me who couldn't bear to see it. You were so small and delicate, so adorable and well-behaved. At that time, my child had just died, and I thought, both of us are pitiful, so let's take care of each other. That's why I brought you back to the Shu family."

Shu Yu's mouth twitched. She didn't speak but decided to finish her lunch first to avoid missing the opportunity if Aunt Xue suddenly went crazy.

However, Aunt Xue continued speaking when she saw Shu Yu remaining silent. "I really wanted to take care of you, and we could have depended on each other for survival. But your father treated me with disdain because you were a girl. As you grew older, you looked completely different from the rest of the Shu family. It made me anxious and started having increasingly extreme thoughts. Later, I went to see a doctor who told me I was suffering from depression, that I was mentally ill."

"Yuer, I didn't mean it. How could I have known that my illness would become so severe? But ever since I learned that the Shu family had drowned you, my heart has been filled with regret and hatred. I cried day and night. That was when I realized how important you were to me. My illness has improved, but you're no longer here. No amount of remorse can change that."

"But I didn't expect to see you again. These days, I've been too afraid to talk to you, afraid that you still resent me. Over the past two days, I've thought it over repeatedly. Now that we've reached this point, we should support and take care of each other even more. Once we reach the southwest, only we will be closest to each other. I..."

Shu Yu swallowed the last bite of her rice ball and suddenly stood up.  

Comments

Footnotes

Popular Posts