This months patreon members

Special thanks to Hipployta... Something... Mani_C... Emerald Mimi... onepiece... Isabella Lee... Branden Tomaino... Fafaknew... Elmera Magdaloyo... hope live

Chapter 1106: The Emperor Gave Him a Chance

  


Chapter 1106: The Emperor Gave Him a Chance


The emperor's face turned extremely unpleasant. So, during the blood test earlier, the Second Prince tampered with the results?


"Cough, cough, cough." The emperor's anger seemed to worsen his condition, and he began coughing intensely.


Xi Ping hurriedly supported him and helped him sit back down. The emperor closed his eyes, tilted his head back to rest for a moment, and then gritted his teeth, saying, "Continue."


His voice turned deeper, and Meng Yunzheng lowered his head slightly, concealing the gleam in his eyes.


Yesterday, the Fifth Prince had sent him a message, informing him that the emperor and the Second Prince had conducted a blood test to prove their relationship. Therefore, the emperor might be more lenient towards the Second Prince.


Those words just now were deliberately spoken by Meng Yunzheng.


He softly replied, "After the blood test, Gong Qiu took me back to the capital. I was ten years old at that time, having just experienced the pain of losing my mother, and my father's whereabouts were unknown. I was completely disoriented. My mother said I was Gong Qiu's son, and Gong Qiu conducted the blood test with me. For a moment, I didn't know what to do. Fortunately, my father was still alive. He was saved by a highly skilled doctor who found me in secret. It was that doctor who told me that the blood test for proving parentage wasn't accurate."


"My father wanted to take me away. He loathed Gong Qiu but was even more concerned about my safety and future. However, I didn't want that. I knew my father wanted to settle me down and then seek revenge on Gong Qiu alone. But I didn't want to spend my whole life hiding, nor did I want my father to sacrifice himself. Gong Qiu was also my mother's murderer, and I felt obligated to seek vengeance."


The emperor nodded slowly, "So, you stayed by Gong Qiu's side for more than a decade? You have quite the patience."


He couldn't help but look at the handsome young man before him more closely. It was rare to find someone with such resilience and endurance, even impressing the emperor himself.


However, Meng Yunzheng bitterly smiled, "But what use is patience alone? It's precisely because I lacked ability that it took me over ten years to find no evidence against Gong Qiu, no proof of his crimes. If I had the capability, I would have brought him to justice long ago."


"But now, you are standing before me, indicating that you have found evidence?" the emperor inquired.


Meng Yunzheng raised his head, "Yes, perhaps it was heaven's favor. During this period, the Gong family faced numerous problems. Madam Gong fell ill, Gong Chang was murdered, and Gong Ya was imprisoned. The entire Gong family was in chaos. Especially in the last two days, Gong Qiu hasn't returned home, resulting in fewer guards around his study, revealing vulnerabilities. I saw a rare opportunity and sneaked into his study, finding a secret chamber and obtaining incriminating evidence."


The emperor's eyes glinted slightly, "Evidence?"


Gong Qiu hadn't been at home for the past two days because he was imprisoned.


So, it seemed he had given this young man an opportunity?


"Present it," said the emperor.


Xi Ping quickly stepped forward, and Meng Yunzheng took out two books from his pocket and handed them to Minister Xi.


The emperor flipped through the books, sat up slightly, and found that they contained records of Gong Qiu's embezzlement during his time as a Ministry of Works official.


There was also evidence of his collusion with others, but there were no letters or evidence of Gong Qiu's communication with Liu Guifei and the Second Prince.


The emperor slowly placed the books on the table, "Apart from these, is there no other evidence?"


Meng Yunzheng was taken aback and raised his head, a hint of confusion on his face, "These... aren't they enough? Your Majesty, these books contain records of Gongqiu's embezzlement over the years, and the amounts involved are substantial. He..."

▶▶Full-level Boss Dressed As a Peasant Girl
:This Novel is already completed read it in patreon

Next Chapter▶▶

VISIT OUR |🔴 Patreon Now
►►CLICK HERE FOR ADVANCE CHAPTERS◄◄

Comments

Footnotes

Popular Posts