This months patreon members

Special thanks to Hipployta... Something... Mani_C... Emerald Mimi... onepiece... Isabella Lee... Branden Tomaino... Fafaknew... Elmera Magdaloyo... hope live

Chapter 1116: Your Future Daughter-in-Law

  


Chapter 1116: Your Future Daughter-in-Law


Meng Yunzheng had chosen this piece of land on the outskirts.


Originally, Madam Gong wanted to find a feng shui master to bury Song Xin in an inauspicious place, hoping that her soul would never rest in peace.


But how could Meng Yunzheng allow such a thing to happen? He would rather have a falling-out with Gong Qiu than let his mother rest in an unfavorable location.


Fortunately, Gong Qiu was still somewhat concerned about his recently returned son. He worried that burying Song Xin in a bad feng shui spot would negatively impact his son and even the entire Gong family. So he disagreed with Gong Madam's proposal.


The current location indeed had good feng shui.


The tombstone was clean and free from overgrown weeds, and the surroundings were well-maintained.


Meng Yunzheng placed the items he brought down and arranged the pastries from the food box in front of the tomb.


"Together with my mother, I came to see you when I returned from Jiangyuan County," Meng Yunzheng said to Shu Yu.


At that time, he had cleaned up the area around the tomb.


"I told my mother that I found her future daughter-in-law and that I would bring her to meet her. I didn't expect it to come true so soon."


As he spoke, Meng Yunzheng turned to the tombstone and said, "Mother, this is Ah Yu, the one I told you about. I didn't lie to you, right? Isn't she intelligent, lovely, and outstanding?"


Shu Yu: "..." What nonsense have you been telling your mother? She couldn't help but rub her forehead and light the incense.


"Auntie, I am Shu Yu, from Jiangyuan County. My parents are ordinary commoners. I have an elder sister and a pair of younger siblings, and we all get along well..."


Before she could finish her introduction, Meng Yunzheng beside her suddenly chuckled softly.


Shu Yu turned her head, "What are you laughing at? When you formally met my parents for the first time, didn't you also introduce everyone in your family?"


Wasn't this the normal process of meeting the parents?


Meng Yunzheng laughed a couple more times and said, "Yes, you're right. Please continue."


How could she continue like this?


Shu Yu snorted lightly and whispered a few more sentences before giving way to Meng Yunzheng and stepping aside.


Meng Yunzheng then slightly restrained his expression and burned the paper money.


"Mother, I'm very happy today. Gong Qiu was beheaded, and I finally avenged you. Not only him, but also Liu Guifei, the second prince, and the entire Gong family, even Gong Qiu's subordinates, all were caught and punished. Those who deserved punishment didn't escape."


"Mother, everything in the capital has been completely resolved. I plan to go to Jiangyuan County, which is your future daughter-in-law's hometown. I've been living there for over half a year and am already quite familiar with it. I really like it there."


"After settling down, I plan to participate in the imperial examination. In the past, you were worried that if I passed the exam and went to the capital, Gong Qiu would discover our family's existence. But now there's no need to worry. I'll use my own abilities to make people know the name Meng Yunzheng and to let everyone know that Meng Yunzheng has an intelligent and kind mother named Song Xin."


Meng Yunzheng chattered on for a long time.


It was rare to see him speak so much, probably because he was truly too happy.


After burning the paper, Meng Yunzheng had said most of what he wanted to. He completely extinguished the fire and stood up. Then, holding Shu Yu's hand, they bid farewell to his mother and walked down the mountain together.


When they reached halfway down the mountain, Shu Yu couldn't help but turn her head and look back.


"Ah Yun, should we move Aunt's grave?"

▶▶Full-level Boss Dressed As a Peasant Girl
:This Novel is already completed read it in patreon

Next Chapter▶▶

VISIT OUR |🔴 Patreon Now
►►CLICK HERE FOR ADVANCE CHAPTERS◄◄

Comments

Footnotes

Popular Posts