.....

Thank you so much Rei for your wonderful comments ❤️ 💕

LATEST UPDATES

PWDLAW Chapter 471: I'm So Embarrassed

 Chapter 471: I'm So Embarrassed



"Let me have a look at those pearls." Qian said.


Chu Xing handed the wooden box to Qian.


After opening and looking at it, although she liked them, there was no greed in her eyes.


"Not bad, there are still six left which is enough for the family members."


"Mother, I gave the best pearl to Sister-in-law just now. You won't be angry, will you?" Chu Xing asked very straightforwardly.


Qian gave him a glance. "If you didn't give the best one to Muyu, I would be angry."


"The ones left are just right, they are all the same. After going back, I will give one to your eldest sister-in-law and the other to your second sister-in-law. Both families will feel comfortable, after all they are the same."


"If there was one more good one, inevitably we would have to share it."


Chu Xing joked "If not, can I give it to you?"


"Although I love making money, I also have principles. Besides, I'll save these pearls to pass down as heirlooms for future generations. I'm already old and I don't wear them. What's the use of having such good ones?"


"Furthermore, without Ah Heng, Muyu, you would have to choose a bride from a poor family, unable to afford furniture, living in a new house but using old furniture."


"And, your mother is not stupid. We can all earn money, and with Muyu's abilities, can't she afford pearls? They have promoted us and we should repay their kindness."


"Mother, I understand. That's what I thought. I didn't want you to misunderstand. Stop nagging. My ears are getting calloused." Chu Xing's playful voice attracted the attention of villagers working in the fields nearby.


Qian glared at Chu Xing, then turned to the villagers with a smile and said, "My son is mischievous, he complains about my talkativeness."


"I was thinking that only by finding a daughter-in-law can I control this naughty boy."


Watching his own mother talk so casually with the villagers about his marriage.


Chu Xing's face was already thin, and he blushed with embarrassment, stiffened his neck, and quickly drove the mule cart home.


Qian almost stumbled, and slapped him on the shoulder. "You boy, stop dodging. The house is also repaired, it's time to talk about your marriage."


"Mother, I know but can you not talk about it in front of me? I'm so embarrassed." Chu Xing pleaded humbly.


Qian gave him a glance. "If I don't mention this, can you find a suitable girl to marry?"


"Mother, are you going to talk about my marriage now? But the Queen Mother died in the palace and it's not appropriate to talk about such happy events within this month." Although Chu Xing was shy, he finally calmed down a bit after being left alone with family.


"Of course, we won't hold the betrothal within this month, but we can start looking. Anyway, if you want to choose by yourself, just let me know. If you want mother to help you choose a suitable one, you don't have to worry about it." Qian said as the mule cart arrived at the door.


As soon as the mule cart stopped, she picked up the two bundles, quickly entered the courtyard and said, "Holding so much silver makes me scared."


"You go call your father back first. The house is almost done. From now on, you'll take care of it yourself."


Chu Xing knew that the whole family needed to discuss matters.


Without delay, he unhitched the mule cart and went to find someone to call his father back home.


-

On the other side, Ziluo and Nenya sat in the study, playing with the fan.


Ye Muyu sat in the east wing, taking notes. The notebook was full of the expenses Chu Xing had just mentioned. Her memory was powerful now, not to the point of eidetic but she could recall everything she heard or saw within a day without missing a word.

CHAPTER ENDS AT PATREON!!!

WITH 7 DAYS FREE TRIAL

▶▶Peasant Woman’s Decreed Life as a Wife  

Next Chapter ▶▶

Comments

▶▶FULL-LEVEL BOSS DRESSED AS A PEASANT GIRL ▶▶Master Hou Madam Went To the Sky Bridge Again To Set Up a Stall ▶▶THE LAW OF TRANSMIGRATION: THE BLACK-HEARTED GOD'S DOMINEERING LOVE ▶▶THE WOODEN BEAUTY OF YOUNG MASTER SHENG ▶▶The reborn of paranoid boss cannon fodder wife ▶▶After breaking off the engagement Mr. Si chased his wife to the crematorium! ▶▶Peasant Woman’s Decreed Life as a Wife

Footnotes

Popular Posts